This week I was working on the security part of REST api. I have made HTTP auth login option based on Monkey’s auth plugin. I have added the configuration files in which, the access permission are set. Then I have created a mock-up module, and written the code to parse it to JSON.
Besides coding I spent a lot of time thinking how the different parts of code will work together. Another thing that took a lot of time was browsing through DUDA source code, because I found the api documentation is not as good as it could be.
Now I have a working infrastructure for the REST api, with user login and permission configuration.
Next week I will start working on different modules, getting some actual data flowing on the api.
I seem to have done the work that was planned for first two weeks in only one, I guess I am on good track. Had a lot of fun this week, hopefully my success and fun continues :)
Code is on github: https://github.com/matematik7/duda-raspberry
Work by days:
- main DUDA callback
- mk_list of modules
- calls to unimplemented security functions
- module.conf configuration file with options for disabling and user access permissions
- security function that checks user permissions
- http auth login based on Monkey’s auth
- fixed duda sha1 documentation and session folder problem, submitted pull request
- fixed http auth login
- global configuration file
- started writing documentation in gitbook format
- stopped using sessions for login
- global callback path changed to /api/
- fixed comparison in modules_find
- values tree structure and module_init function
- parsing values tree structure to json
- mock-up memory module for testing
- parsing of request path
I have made 20 git commits, averaging 4 per day.
My code is now 716 lines of code, averaging 143.2 line per day. That is a line of code every 3.352 minutes of my working time.
I have written 383 lines of documentation, but some of it (for structure of config files) is copied from monkey.